Monday, June 1, 2015

Getting my life together at sixteen (spoiler alert: it sucks)




      I hate how people have high expectations of me. I'm sixteen year old, for crying out loud! I'm allowed to make mistakes here and there because I'm still developing; I'm still learning. The pressure of being an incoming senior feels like such a burden because all everyone thinks about is college. "What college/s are you applying for? What's your course?" I. Don't. Know. And I think that's fine. I believe that someone should be able to carefully choose what they want to be when they grow up. There shouldn't be any rush because it's something you have to be completely sure of.

      The fact that so much people are counting on me makes it even harder, because you're not only thinking of yourself anymore. But you know what? I'm not going to comply with their standards because what I want to be doesn't need to involve other people making decisions for me.

      For the past few months, I've been inclined over and over again to achieve things I don't even give a damn about and only now I've noticed how unhappy I actually am. And then I realized, I'm only sixteen. I'm allowed to take my time and make my own damn decisions because I have the right to. 



No comments:

Post a Comment